- 2tbsps ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 level teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 level teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 level teaspoon turmeric
- 500g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 200-250g bag spinach leaves, washed
HOW TO PREPARE
- Heat the ghee, or oil, in a pan and add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat, until it starts to soften. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potato to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and stir until it wilts into the mixture. Season the saag aloo with salt and serve.
Categories: vegetable recipes
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.